Location:US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
hyperion business analystNow Brewing – hyperion business analyst! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“We built the Starbucks brand first with our people, not with consumers. Because we believed the best way to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers was to hire and train great people, we invested in employees.”
– Howard Schultz, Starbucks Coffee Company
Job Summary and MissionThis position contributes to Starbucks success by supporting our globally complex, vertically integrated operations. By providing day to day support, of the Hyperion/EPM suite, this role provides user support and troubleshooting as well as manages standard tasks within the Hyperion applications. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles and values.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Administers and maintains the Hyperion planning and essbase applications including hierarchies, business rules, security, and calculation scripts.
- Develops and runs validations to ensure data integrity across Hyperion applications
- Manages day to day activities including end user support, troubleshooting and completion of month end activities in DRM and Hyperion applications
- Manages scenarios and versions supporting various finance and accounting cycles, including month-end close, annual budget planning and forecasting
- Facilitates management of multiple currencies, including loading of foreign exchange rates and reviewing foreign exchange conversions
- Maintains system and internal control documentation
- Understands job requirements and performs internal controls, including providing evidence of internal control performance to management as well as internal and external auditors
- Participates in testing of system fixes, new releases, and enhancements
- Maintains outlines/hierarchies in DRM and/or Hyperion
- Manages loading data and metadata Complies with policies, procedures and controls related to Hyperion/EPM environment, processes, and reports.
Summary of Experience
- End user support and training 4 years
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and Planning systems 4 years
- Systems design, testing and implementation 3 years
- Script development and application testing 3 years
- 2 years performing forecasting/analysis or supporting master data
- 3 years supporting system implementations
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly collaborative including experience with cross functional teams
- Ability to interact effectively at various levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It’s time for you to #beapartner.
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.