The roleReporting into the Senior Director Expansion International, you'll be driving and supporting the on-site ramp-up of warehouses and new distribution centers within the global HelloFresh supply chain.
This international role will be based in HelloFresh’s Headquarters in Berlin office and will involve significant travel to our international warehouses ( e.g. UK, DACH, CAN, NL, NZ and other geographies) and extended stays during roll-out periods.
Projects ranges from ramp up of new factories in a lead role in new markets from the scratch to expansion of existing sites in more mature markets.
What you’ll doDesign & Definition
- Oversee short term requirements but also longer term growth aspirations
- Support in line design, layout definition and standardizations
Set-up and Installation
- Coordinate, manage and supervise the procurement and installation of warehouse hardware and software on site
- Train local and 3rd party pick & pack partner’s staff in production methods and principles as well as the tool landscape
Execution and improvement
- Drive continuous development during ramp-up phases to production throughput, quality and cost while building and maintaining relationships with 3rd party pick & pack partners, hourly associates, managers, vendors, and various stakeholders within HelloFresh
- Implement efficient KPI reporting from day one of operation
- Train and coach local staff to oversee the day-to-day production operations, ensuring accurate on-time and in-quality delivery of customer orders
- Establish procedures, metrics and processes to drive productivity and optimization
- Analyze and identify areas of improvement in cost savings, production, and lead times
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Document and share lessons learned and best-practices
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of operational experience within supply chain, manufacturing and/or intralogistics
- Exceptional academic record with degree from top tier college or University (Engineering and Business degrees preferred.)
- Demonstrative experience at a top tier (operational / management) consulting firm with focus on operations projects or experience with one of the leading manufacturing companies would be considered a plus
- Exceptional project management, conceptual and analytical skills
- Well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma, APICS, Kaizen certification a plus)
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.) capabilities
- Fluent/highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Interest to travel abroad
- Bold: you are a true entrepreneurial spirit and not afraid to take calculated risks to disrupt the status quo; you're a visionary leader who listens to your team and values their ideas
- Agile and flexible: you are capable of evaluating situations on the spot and make the right decisions
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
- Problem-solver: you know warehouse operations inside out and are a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives and present solutions to complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
About HelloFreshHelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.