A few words about us
We believe the potential for good is endless with AI, and our main reason for being is our dedication to bringing the benefits of AI to as many people as possible. The AI platform we’re building is the rocket that will get us there. We are a team of dedicated innovators with purpose as our guiding star. Reaching new, and higher, levels together is a part of everyday life at the very-fast-growing Peltarion office.
About the role
We are looking for ambitious and communicative master students to be an integral part of the machine learning team at Peltarion while working on their thesis during the autumn. You will be working in a fun, stimulating, and highly professional environment & writing your thesis at Peltarion is truly a unique chance to work with some of the best Data Scientists and Engineers. And last, but not least, these challenges are real-world problems such as applying deep learning to solve problems in speech, images, audio, video etc. which means that you will get the chance to put your knowledge into real context and also make a difference not only for the company but also for our platform and potential customers.
During each semester for the past four years, we have had master students writing their thesis here at Peltarion. Every student is assigned a dedicated supervisor that will assist the student during their thesis work and share their advice and guidance during the process.
Examples of some of the previous projects that master thesis students have done here are:
- Analyzing and identifying signals for deep neural network layers
- Compress audio spectrogram with variational and discretized autoencoders
- Learning to understand the perceptual quality of generated text summaries
- Using the latest NLP-techniques for answering questions in medical texts
- Using semi-supervised learning for medical image segmentation
- Explainable house price predictions with satellite data
- Using neural architecture search to build a weather forecasting model
- Finding semantic answers in large text corpora using the latest NLP-techniques
Who are you?
We believe that you are pursuing your masters in either Computer science, Physics, Statistics, or similar fields. Programming is one of your strong suits and you have experience from Machine Learning or Artificial Neural Networks
You like challenges of solving new problems, you are a fast learner and comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. If you have a peculiar hobby, a dedicated mind, and are looking for a new challenge, there’s a good chance we’ll be a great match.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB